View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsphoenix View Post
I am a proud new owner of a 1999 Superformance and am looking forward to learning allot from you all.

Need help with a gas pedal problem. It has about 3/4" play when depressed before it engages the throttle. It is sticking down just at throttle engagement. It does not appear to be sticking on the shaft to the carb. From time to time I have to lift the throttle from the underside to bring it back up. Reminds me of dead peddle on a bad clutch.

I checked the spring and it seems okay but could it be as simple as replacing the spring or could it be something else?

Thank You
Make sure the linkage is not going "over center" on idle throttle. The Superformance has a slot on the arm in the engine compartment that allows control of the amount of trottle "throw". if you have too much it may be oever center and the spring is not strong enough to return to idle posistion. Also check for play in the pivots. There are bushings on the cross shaft that could be worn and allowing the sticking. I can provide a diagram of the trottle system and shows the parts if you need.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/