View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 427 roadster
Not Ranked     

Yes, it's all about what you want to spend. There are all kinds of cobras out there.
You can go as close to real or even the real thing. I bought the B&B cobra as an
entry level car. Entry meaning it was used, sorted out and I could afford it. Some of the things that I looked at before buying. My budget and getting the best for what I could afford. Then how I was going to use it.

I looked at a B&B because It has a very strong frame. Good fiberglass work. I chose a 351 windsor motor because they are dependable with alot of after market parts. I also wanted a 9" rear end and disk brakes.
Some people prefer fuel injected or mustang donor engines. I wanted a carb engine so I could work on it my self.

I knew it needed some suspension upgrades, new gaskets and seals, brakes and fluids changed out.

So I buy a good base then upgraded options to create a better car. Plus I wanted one as a driver not a show car. So what ever you get enjoy it and the best part is you can build and personalise it to be your own.

I've learned alot about cobras from this site and asking other owners. I know what to look for the next time around. It's alot of fun and is a great hobby. It can't get any better than driving something that you have created in a sense. Being a Cobra isn't too bad either...

Last edited by Leecbr; 05-01-2011 at 10:36 PM..