17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA, 302
Not Ranked     
Default B&b, Pacific Roadster feedback

Hey any owners of B & B or Pacific Roadsters, I would love to have feedback on your cars. I contacted both owners and each seemed extremely helpful cool professional guys. Anything dreadful feel free to PM me. I am interested in a turnkey minus car that will be driven quite a bit, not a show or track car.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 427 roadster
Not Ranked     

Hi Newsnake,

I own an La exotics cobra built in 1994. La exotics is now known as B&B. Mine is driven a lot. No track no racing. Some basics are: 351 windsor engine, 5 speed Borg Warner Transmission, 9" rear end, and disk brakes all around. Mine is reliable and I have had absolutely no major problems.

I had to change out a bunch of stuff on it to bring it up to date a bit. Other than that it's been great. What info were you needing? I'd love to answer any specifics.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA, 302
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply. It helps a lot. Your car looks awesome. I am looking for a Cobra that feels some what solid like a car not a goKart that rattles on every bump in the road. The price point for a B&B roller is good so I guess my main questions are build quality and how professional was the experience. Frankly any advice is welcome as far as the process of buying a cobra.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Tons of cars on the market and some great buying opportunities. In many cases, CC members may know about the car and may be able to vouch for the quality of the car. You'll certainly pay more to build a car vs. buying a well sorted car.

Look on Cobra Country and link up with some local members before you decide. Best of luck on your search.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, it's all about what you want to spend. There are all kinds of cobras out there.
You can go as close to real or even the real thing. I bought the B&B cobra as an
entry level car. Entry meaning it was used, sorted out and I could afford it. Some of the things that I looked at before buying. My budget and getting the best for what I could afford. Then how I was going to use it.

I looked at a B&B because It has a very strong frame. Good fiberglass work. I chose a 351 windsor motor because they are dependable with alot of after market parts. I also wanted a 9" rear end and disk brakes.
Some people prefer fuel injected or mustang donor engines. I wanted a carb engine so I could work on it my self.

I knew it needed some suspension upgrades, new gaskets and seals, brakes and fluids changed out.

So I buy a good base then upgraded options to create a better car. Plus I wanted one as a driver not a show car. So what ever you get enjoy it and the best part is you can build and personalise it to be your own.

I've learned alot about cobras from this site and asking other owners. I know what to look for the next time around. It's alot of fun and is a great hobby. It can't get any better than driving something that you have created in a sense. Being a Cobra isn't too bad either...

Last edited by Leecbr; 05-01-2011 at 10:36 PM..
Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: trying to get a good gt40 kit no luck so far
Not Ranked     

Hi Newsnake, For what it's worth i have had a nightmare time with B&B beginning in November of last year... I feel i was misled on their product... then when Bryan agreed to take back the chassis he welched on the deal... now i have a chassis i can't use and out some bucks... just a little sample of their "great customer service"... it took 8 months just to get them to send me a body and chassis they had sitting around... feel free to pm me and i will be happy to give you more details... my advice... take a hard second look at that company before doing business... send NO money up front.. put it in escrow and get a written contract with performance bond... then i would still not trust them... just my 2 cents... look elsewhere in the GT40 section for more info...B&B OUCH...
Old 11-19-2011, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 306/FORD
Not Ranked     

I ordered a turn key minus car last july from b&b and took delivery in november. In fact i shipped the drive train to bryan and had him complete the car for me. I have put 2100 miles on my cobra with some minor sorting out and am pleased with the product. 306 ford tko 600 3.73 posi and the smile factor is great. I would recomend b&b and was treated great. Pm if you have questions.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2512 427W TKO 600/ NW Exotics 351 Cleveland/Tremec 3550-Sold
Not Ranked     

I owned a NW Exotics/LA Exotics/B&B Roadster (same manufacturer, just different names) for about twelve years. It was originally built in 1995. I had owned it since 1999. The B&B was solid, no rattles and the 'glass body was very nice.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

I own a B&B cobra built in 2003. Solid car, body and frame. My engine runs strong and never had a problem with it although I have now upgraded that. I never knew who built it, Bryan did not recall. I've made many other upgrades myself but that was expected after 10 years. I haven't had to go through B&B for this so I don't have any feedback on current events.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Snakespitt - 351W
Not Ranked     
Default centaur17

There is a Company in Utah called Snakespitt that has a frame jig and body mold from L A Exotics ( same as B&B). I bought from them, been on the road for a year and 6K miles and am very pleased. There welding is superior and the body is all hand laid with no seams. Prices are Very competitive and Richard is great to deal with. You might give them a try. snakespitt.com Ph. 435-224-3364
Old 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

centaur17, good information since I have a B&B and live in Orem, Ut. I have a friend that bought a body from these Snakespitt guys for his scratch built car and he is pleased. I would like to see your car. Send me an email.

Wayne

Last edited by Wbulk; 11-21-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Old 11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

I own a B&B and could not be happier. They treated me right and from what I have seen, the only limitations or problems with mine are from my inexperience in the build, not their product.
If / when I build again, it will be a B&B.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Snakespitt - 351W
Not Ranked     

Wbulk - Maybe I'm missing something ? I need an email address or ph. no. Centaur17.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Click on my name and it will give you options to send an email or message. I went and talked to Todd today and checked out a new body and a frame. You are right, great quality with the body and improved design with the frame. I wish they were building when I was in the market.

Wayne
Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I also had a great B&B 10 years ago and the craftsmanship was fantastic. To all of those that have a B&B from that "era", they are great cars.

Move ahead a few years.

Barry, half of B&B, left to start his own shop. He was the one with talent. Brian is a salesman but the work I have seen come out of his shop is dangerous to say the least. I also believe he has used a friend of mine's car for a parts car for his own daytona project. That's pretty bad when he steals parts from customers cars. I would also ask him about the leins against him mentioned over on GT40s.com.

There are to many good cars out there to get involved with this mess. If you think I'm over stateing something, send me a PM and I'll give you more information.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I bought a Cobra in 2009 that was built in 1993 by Barry and Bryan. Their company was La Exotics back then. The fiberglass on my car was in excellent condition even after all of these years. The Frame work and welding was very strong. I still talk to Barry on a regular basis. He was/is the craftsman and like Dlampe said Bryan was the sales man turned manufacturer.

Barry still builds the roadsters and can supply parts or advice on the La Exotics or B&B's.

Fiberglass 34 Coupes and Cobras by McGill Manufacturing

My cobra is featured in the gallery section.

Barry always returns phone calls within the hour and is a straight up guy. Honest and no excuses.

My roadster was hit earlier this year and I contacted him for parts. He manufactured the custom aluminum radiator with shroud/fan and new ceramic sidepipes. They were built and at my door within 3 weeks.

When I first bought my car I had a mechanic run through the entire car. The first thing my mechanic said was " wow, this cars fiberglass was thick and in perfect condition. Plus the frame/welds were well done." I can't speak for the B&B cars but I know the older LA Exotics were built with Barry's envolvement.

lee

Last edited by Leecbr; 11-29-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Old 11-24-2011, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 427 stroker, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

I purchased a Pacific Roadster June 08. and took delivery July 18th, 2008. Before I gave Vui a deposit I flew to Oregon and looked at the bodies and frame. The body is very strong with liberal use of Coremat thru out. The frame is tubular and very rigid. He even invited me to walk on one of the bodies and I weigh 250lbs. Besides the cars he was building in the shop he took me around Salem to other customers so I could see more finished cars. Since I was going to build the car myself it was good to see what properly finished cars looked like. I was very impressed! When I got the car home a friend of mine came over with his Shell Valley he had built. He could not believe how much nicer the Pac. Rod. body was compared to his. So if you want a quality car for a decent price, get a Pacific Roadster.

AutoBody Prof.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

autobody prof. thanks for posting the information on your car. I had never heard of the brand before. For some reason I thought it was related to the B&B design, but after viewing their website and waching the video I was wrong. Totally different cars. It looks to me like the Pacific Coast car is a serious option for larger guys. It would be good to visit these guys. If any builders have built one of these cars I would like to hear how it went, with the build, and with dealing with the company. Send me an email and then we can talk on the phone. I am looking for my next project.

Wayne

Pacific Roadster, cobra kit, Wide Body,Cobra Replica,Kit Car,Hot Rod - YouTube
Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Pacific Roadster is about 15 miles from my home, I purchased one of the first of their kits after building and selling a Lone Star Cobra. I had them to the bodywork and paint my Shell Valley Daytona Coupe and it came out awesome.

Vui is great to work with, I highly recommend his products.

Here is the "Street" version of the Pacific Roadster kit.