View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Proud Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 2121
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
I just made up a fence for a dremel tool with a diamond cutoff wheel to cut the lip to length. I really like the Shelby lip as it's finished like a wired edge. I'm playing with some tool ideas to try and get that radius now. It I could get a radiused router bit that fits my die grinder I think that would do it.
mickmate, thanks for the reply. Great idea! What did you use as a fence? How did you guide the dremel?

Not sure my hand is steady enough. Thinking a thin/flexible body side molding (like a door edge molding) could act as a guide. Perhaps a mini router would offer easier maneuverability.

Those rolled edges sure are nice. I’m not that ambitious though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf k View Post
Something you may want to check, my right rear wheel opening is 1/2" taller than the left, ride height is equal on both sides. Either the body is twisted in the rear or the openings are different. Wish I would have caught it when I was at your stage. Sounds like you may be meticulous, in which this would bother you as it does me.
Wolf… absolutely love your build pics. You are definitely the meticulous one… and that’s a great trait!

Thanks for the heads up. I bonded the body myself, so I hope I didn’t mess up. I’ll run a straight edge off the frame and measure the height. All my pre-drilled holes and panels lined up, so fingers are crossed that all is well.