View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron02 View Post
Hi Lal Naja,

I agree re population. It seems that climate change may do the culling you speak of.

Some of the dangers they spoke of in the 70's were quite real I understand. I am not an expert on the topic but didnt acid rain kill the great lakes in Canada. Isnt that why they introduced lead free petrol. We also banned CFC's and that seems to have done the job. I dont think anybody offshore uses CFC's to my knowledge. These things can be done if governments refuse to purchase products from countries that do not comply.

I agree about follow the money trail but cant agree where it leads. The BRW richest list a whole bunch of minning executives but I have not seen any Greens. See link
BRW Rich List: Gina Rinehart on top, non-miners a drag | Crikey
The subject is far too complicated to have a "yes it is so answer." I had friends that worked for Fermi and Argon labs and funding is a job and a way of life. Without funding you join the 14 million out of work group. People have been studying and researching for 30 years without any real conclusive answers. Yes, nematodes will die if you spill oil on them. I've never been that lucky. Got stuck in having to produce stuff that humans need and had to do it at a profit. "Profit" another dirty word.

As is CFC's. Sadly Chloroflurocarbons are still being used in manufacturing. If these were totally banned the world would stop functioning. Many products using CFC's were redesigned where possible, but it's far from being totally gone. Stop it and 28 million will be looking for work.

The great lakes, I live a few blocks from one, has had some issues but nothing that I know of that is a serious problem. If you know more enlighten me please.

Sulfurdioxide is the main cause of acid rain and if you burn any fossil fuel including your cozy fireplace, you contribute to it. But this is what we humans do. We burn crap. After all, it is deep in our survival DNA. When we tamed fire we were able scare off the beasts that had us for dinner. Then we got to sit around it and keep warm. That was freedom to evolve. Imagine being able to shed the old way of life huddling in fear in the dark and in silence. And with that great opportunity man was able to take time to contemplate reason.

As far as Lead, it too is bad on the brain. Too much of it and you have drain bammage for sure

As for Gore. He's pretty comfortable in his 7million $ home on the ocean. Consuming fossil fuel to keep the lights on and buying carbon credits for forgiveness. What happened to the ocean rising 20' in the next few years?

Just remember! At the top they play with our lives.

Oh, and BTW. If you own a cat or a small dog each has the carbon footpring of a VW beetle. A large dog is equivalent to a SUV. Here in the USA dog owners are responsible for 95 million piles of poop every day and cat owners contribute to 65 million piles of it. Most of this crap is disposed of inappropriately. And at least 50% of these owners claim they are Green.

Last edited by lal Naja; 08-11-2011 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: typos