View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft#357, 392CI Ford Racing, 459hp, 455ft/lbs , TKO 500, 3.43 Gears, Ceramic Coated Headers, Victor Jr. 750cfm, 17in Halibrand wheels, Sterling Gray/Silver Stripes, Gray Leather, Nitto NT05
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Found out what "Lifting" means, the hard way at Blackhawk Farms Raceway

So... don't take your foot off the gas on a high speed bender (turn 2) mid-turn doing 85MPH pulling 5500 RPM. I missed the memo on that. The back wheels locked and the back end popped out. Four fishtails later, I couldn't save it and then did a couple 360's, the second one was in the grass. Good news, no damage or injuries, bad news - had to change my shorts!

I talked with a pro who saw it and he explained what "lifting" was. I got back on the horse, stuck the turn next time, but lifted again later on turn 5, fished-tailed wildly again several times and went off the track in the weeds.

I finally started to figure it out, just in time for pouring rain, but like an idiot - I went out it that too - earned some applause and respect from some other drivers, but I might as well have been on ice and found the grass again.

After a long day and tons of track time, I learned an awful lot. Then I drove the car home in a thunderstorm for an hour and a half - nonstop rain!! and smiled the whole way. I'll post pics as soon - what a day!!!!!