View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: factory 5
Not Ranked     
Default New Jersey Cobra Nightmare!!!

So long story longer...
My wife & I have dreamed of Cobra ownership & literally have been looking at them & trying to learn about them for a few years now. We found a beautiful one right in Philly, so we decided to pull the trigger. That was July 28th. Here it is September & I am having an IMPOSSIBLE time trying to get this thing registered. I sent in all of our paperwork , & the inspection process is ridiculous. I have 15" rims on & have to change them to at least 17", no biggie as I have the proper wheels all ready to go. I just have to switch them out. I of course need to get shields for the pipes. Now, my pipes are ceramic coated which is supposed to be ok, but my wife got a pretty painful "kiss" the day we got it so who really knows. I don't have high beams NOR an indicator in the dash. Hell I don't even have a space in the dash for it which means... dash removal & drilling right? I need the turn signal to be self canceling. Man, I have seen cars that don't have any working signals on the road & the driver uses his hands to signal. There's NO ROOF, signaling is easy! I need a dual master cylinder, which I think I have, but it needs to have a brake failure light, yup.. more drilling into a dashboard. I need to make sure that the windshield Factory Five is using here is the proper safety glass. It has the inscription "Laminated Safety Float DOT 568" the guy , Joe, at the Asbury Park Facility said he has no idea what that is & I may need to replace the windshield too. I need replace the signal & tail light shields, as they are "Lucas England" NOT DOTSAE lenses. We need to install catalytic converters, he said even though it's a 1991 302 with fuel injection & may pass the emissions at the regular inspection station, he "likes to see" cats. I need a shift knob with a shift pattern on it, easiest fix of the frikkin' day! AND WIPERS!!! there isn't even a hole in the body for a set of wipers & you know what that means... MORE DRILLING! This time into a show quality body of a beautiful vehicle! What really sucks is before we purchased this car in July I had no idea even where the oil goes in a car. I'm a photographer NOT a mechanic, so we purchased a vehicle that would be good for us since it needed no work & was an easy engine for any corner garage mechanic to work on. Today I am putting it across the boards for sale & I don't even have the title in our name since the state still has it! What the hell do I do!?!?!?