View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Talked to Griffin techs

mjanczura M I had a 20 minute talk with Griffin tech on Wed's. This is what he said" A Griffin raditor, street or race will take 35 pounds of pressure "WITHOUT" and damage to core of tanks". If you can blow the core channels apart or balloon them the system. Very old radiator of aluminum becomes weak. Would need 1,000's of heat cycles. The system caped with out a pressure cap and a major engine failures of compression gases get into the coolant system in quick time. Motor would be overheating and you would have all the pre tell signs. Pressure could go to 60-100 psi and this will damage a radiator. This wouldn't be a parts failure.
I agree with Bob C. and think he blew your head gasket or gaskets. A leak down test should tell you what cylinder is blown, compression test too. It is possible that 2 cylinders blew out the seperator gasket between the cylinders and cause this pressure to go into coolant system. Any white smoke coming from exhaust?? White,white?? How about a sweet smell if the car has coolant in the system?? All good signs of a failure, sorry. Good luck. Don't be afraid to take a court action with him for damage to your cars motor. Judges are real understanding about poor repair work. Rick L. ps seeing the money or repair done for free will be another story.