View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksingletrack View Post
After reading most of the posts regarding NJ registration I am still at a loss for what others have done regarding build receipts to the extent they purchased their car 3rd party.

I have a 2010 Superformance MKIII purchased a few weeks ago. It was title in PA as a 2010 SP Const. Hence just received my book/packet in the mail from Trenton for a reconstructed title application.

Per the previous owner the vehicle was completed by Olthoff Racing, Inc. in North Carolina. In addition the plate from Roush that is supplied shows engine was built and installed Jan 2010 by Hill Bank Motorsports.

The application is asking for ALL build receipts. Do I need to literally call Hill Bank and Olthoff and ask for a fax of all these receipts or will my simple all in bill of sale plus title suffice?

Much appreciated and I am sure the answer is already posted on here however I was unable to locate it.

J
Since the car is already titled in PA, have you tried to do a title swap at the NJ DMV office closest to you? Several others have recently (as recently as two weeks ago) done the PA SP CONSTR to NJ title without a hitch (well, always a hitch if you are attempting to retitle it as a classic in NJ which will throw up red flags and have your paperwork confiscated by the folks on State Street in Trenton )

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS