10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2010 Superformance MKIII w/ Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     
Default Registration and "build receipts"?

After reading most of the posts regarding NJ registration I am still at a loss for what others have done regarding build receipts to the extent they purchased their car 3rd party.

I have a 2010 Superformance MKIII purchased a few weeks ago. It was title in PA as a 2010 SP Const. Hence just received my book/packet in the mail from Trenton for a reconstructed title application.

Per the previous owner the vehicle was completed by Olthoff Racing, Inc. in North Carolina. In addition the plate from Roush that is supplied shows engine was built and installed Jan 2010 by Hill Bank Motorsports.

The application is asking for ALL build receipts. Do I need to literally call Hill Bank and Olthoff and ask for a fax of all these receipts or will my simple all in bill of sale plus title suffice?

Much appreciated and I am sure the answer is already posted on here however I was unable to locate it.

J
Old 09-28-2011, 07:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksingletrack View Post
After reading most of the posts regarding NJ registration I am still at a loss for what others have done regarding build receipts to the extent they purchased their car 3rd party.

I have a 2010 Superformance MKIII purchased a few weeks ago. It was title in PA as a 2010 SP Const. Hence just received my book/packet in the mail from Trenton for a reconstructed title application.

Per the previous owner the vehicle was completed by Olthoff Racing, Inc. in North Carolina. In addition the plate from Roush that is supplied shows engine was built and installed Jan 2010 by Hill Bank Motorsports.

The application is asking for ALL build receipts. Do I need to literally call Hill Bank and Olthoff and ask for a fax of all these receipts or will my simple all in bill of sale plus title suffice?

Much appreciated and I am sure the answer is already posted on here however I was unable to locate it.

J
Since the car is already titled in PA, have you tried to do a title swap at the NJ DMV office closest to you? Several others have recently (as recently as two weeks ago) done the PA SP CONSTR to NJ title without a hitch (well, always a hitch if you are attempting to retitle it as a classic in NJ which will throw up red flags and have your paperwork confiscated by the folks on State Street in Trenton )

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Would love to be able to pull off the title swap if someone can tell me the best DMV to go to. Tried to register it at my local DMV (Medford, NJ) and they laughed at me when I took them the registration paperwork. Girl looked at the paperwork, walked back for a supervicor who came up, shook her finger at me and gave me a number for Trenton.

Is there different paperwork for a title swap versus Form BA-49 NJ New Vehicle Registration Application and OS/SS-7 Application for Certificate of Ownership?

I know I will still need inspection but getting half way there will help!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:37 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksingletrack View Post
Would love to be able to pull off the title swap if someone can tell me the best DMV to go to. Tried to register it at my local DMV (Medford, NJ) and they laughed at me when I took them the registration paperwork. Girl looked at the paperwork, walked back for a supervicor who came up, shook her finger at me and gave me a number for Trenton.

Is there different paperwork for a title swap versus Form BA-49 NJ New Vehicle Registration Application and OS/SS-7 Application for Certificate of Ownership?

I know I will still need inspection but getting half way there will help!
Send a PM to johnarcara he went through the same thing you did, followed my directions (he can explain),went to another DMV office and got it done the second time around. Sometimes it's a matter of who you get at the window that makes all the difference.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have sent two to him waiting on reply.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: factory 5
Not Ranked     

sorry I am not getting PM notifications... I just saw this.. PMing you now dude
Old 10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: factory 5
Not Ranked     

So, I just went to hazlet & swapped mine for a 2005 shelby cobra. She just let it go. I filled out all the paperwork & just was really nice to the girl & it worked out
Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default here what I did

I took the bill of sale that I recieved from the buyer yo Lodi Nj and presented it to them and was told that I needed a picture of the serial # on the frame. left mdv , went to staples and had the make a photo from the pic I took on my cell phone. I returned to mdv and gave them my paperwork ,and was issued a set of plates, and registration, This was all good.I could drive the car for 15 days til I needed an inspection which if I had taken it to them it would have failed for emmissions because I needed a letter from a special inspection shop saying it was a 68 motor. I finnaly got this letter 2 months later after sending part reciepts and engine purchase reciepts to trenton which scheduled an appt at morristown, which had become flooded, and had to go to asbury , if you read my previous thread you will see how that went, No that I had the letter in hand . I took my car to Inspection to Lodi where I was told I had to purchase a voucher for 25 dollars which i could not purchase there , but could purchase in wayne Nj, went there to find out that my car did not qualify for a voucher because it wasnt a historic or collector vechiel,, they said you gan just take it through the inspection and show them the letter so they will base your emmission on the year stated on the letter . well. I did this and I failed, because my reading was 5000 instead of the 700 allowed , I asked them what do I di now . and they said I have to get it tuned. I then took it to a a reinspection station that happened to be directly across from dmv and for 323 dollars he adjusted the timming and carborator.and voila, I finnaly have a passed vechiel. end of my horror. but at lease I can drive my car legaly.

Last edited by oreos; 10-16-2011 at 07:02 AM..