View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default here what I did

I took the bill of sale that I recieved from the buyer yo Lodi Nj and presented it to them and was told that I needed a picture of the serial # on the frame. left mdv , went to staples and had the make a photo from the pic I took on my cell phone. I returned to mdv and gave them my paperwork ,and was issued a set of plates, and registration, This was all good.I could drive the car for 15 days til I needed an inspection which if I had taken it to them it would have failed for emmissions because I needed a letter from a special inspection shop saying it was a 68 motor. I finnaly got this letter 2 months later after sending part reciepts and engine purchase reciepts to trenton which scheduled an appt at morristown, which had become flooded, and had to go to asbury , if you read my previous thread you will see how that went, No that I had the letter in hand . I took my car to Inspection to Lodi where I was told I had to purchase a voucher for 25 dollars which i could not purchase there , but could purchase in wayne Nj, went there to find out that my car did not qualify for a voucher because it wasnt a historic or collector vechiel,, they said you gan just take it through the inspection and show them the letter so they will base your emmission on the year stated on the letter . well. I did this and I failed, because my reading was 5000 instead of the 700 allowed , I asked them what do I di now . and they said I have to get it tuned. I then took it to a a reinspection station that happened to be directly across from dmv and for 323 dollars he adjusted the timming and carborator.and voila, I finnaly have a passed vechiel. end of my horror. but at lease I can drive my car legaly.

Last edited by oreos; 10-16-2011 at 07:02 AM..