View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default You've probably thought of this already

Nick, I'm sure if it were possible to acquire the Contemporary molds and whatever else from FFR, someone would have done so by now. Or maybe not?

A splash off of an early original Contemporary body (or a later generation tweaked to undo Peter Bayers modifications ) could be done and the frame would be easy to duplicate.

EDIT: I think I remember reading a while back that Mr Bruce has already done a CCX splash.

If someone like yourself (well known/respected, and a CCX guru) ever decided to go into the business of producing "Continuation Contemporary Cobras" (one of the best known/most highly respected replicas ever); that venture to me would be far more likely to succeed than say, trying to manufacture and sell Cheetahs

Set up with as low an initial investment as possible as a supplement to an existing operation and with the expectation that it would be a low volume, build to order business, do you think it could work?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...