Thread: Kirkham vs. ERA
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham - KMP493
Not Ranked     

I can't speak authoritatively about an ERA. I own a Kirkham. I have a friend that built an ERA and it's a very nice car, and he did a very nice job, and it looks amazing. My car is polished with racing stripes and has quite the patina on it. Nothing that can't be polished out, but frankly, I like the way it looks. It looks used and it definitely IS used. I've put almost 18k miles on it in three years and taken it to the track for the last three open tracks. The car is phenomenal on the track. I think what I love most is that its as close to a sixties era cobra without the price tag. So, its made out of the same material as an original, has the same frame as an original and it comes with all the same shakes, rattles and noises of an original. It was a rough car then and it's as rough today. I, personally, love that. I guess this is long version of what could been a very short, heavily biased opinion to "go with the Kirkham!" It's as close to real as you can get, and if "real-ness" if anything what you're after, you will not be disapointed. I do have one piece of advise, that's been stated already, go visit Kirkham Motorsports and ERA and use the visits as part of your decision making. And, finally, if you can make it out to the next open track day at Miller Motorsports park you can take my car out and beat on it. It'll grease the check for sure.