View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreid View Post
Arnaud, you don't need the ground signal from the dash switch to pin 85 for your setup unless you want to manually switch on the pump. Either remove the current wire to pin 85 (disables the dash switch) or connect your EZ fuel pump wire also (enables both ecu control and manual override).

Hey, if you disconnect the dash switch, you could always use it to control a seat heater to keep your buns warm during those brisk Chicago drives!
Mark, a seat heater does sound really good, even right now What you explained is how I interpreted it the first time, but I was not sure because I've never had to tap into a relay before. BTW, is that your car in the Fast Five pictures on the RCR website? Looks pretty sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
According to the schematic you posted, the "fuel pump relay" wire from the EZ-EFI harness should provide a ground when it wants the fuel pump turned on to post 85.

Actually the wiring in the picture does not follow the wiring diagram. The yellow wire shouldn't jumper between the terminals. The diagram shows a direct battery connection thru a fuse, and a switched connection at post 86. The picture shows what I'm guessing is a feed thru the ignition switch.Should be normal off with ignition switch off, then it should have battery power with ignition switch powered on.
Thank you for your input. I also did find that jump strange, but I guess it is how they wire it. The fan relay, which I also have to plug into, is located in the far picture, with the gray wires. That relay has the same jump between 30 and 87. I believe that the 30 power source just comes in via a switched power source on 87, but that is probably what you described. So then, are you saying I should fix it so it is like the diagram or just leave it like that (and hook it up like Mark said)?

Thanks again guys.