View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane 1075
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
As many of you probably know, I took delivery of a DB Replicas hardtop earlier this year. Full details can be found in this thread.

A number of people expressed interest in getting a copy of the hardtop and I'm finally ready to get the process moving. This hardtop will fit a Dax bodied or Dax-derived Cobra shape with minimal rework. Most other kits require varying degrees of modification, and in some cases such as the Harrison you may need to extend the roof. Please be under no illusions about this! See the link above for dimensions and other info.

The original hardtop is available for viewing on a Dax bodied car in Noble Park (Melbourne) along with all the hardware such as hinges, rear screen, latches, fixtures, gas struts, body/door seals, window channels, etc, which I can bulk order from DB Replicas to share the freight costs around.

To preserve the high quality finish of the DB hardtop, I'm outsourcing all of the fibreglass work (including mould) to an experienced professional. This guy's composite work is second to none, so if you like the one on display you won't be disappointed by the copy.

With the right amount of interest I could have the mould by end of year and the first copies in late January.

For those who'd like to discuss further, please PM me your number and I'll give you a call.

A big thanks to Dave at DB Replicas!

Regards

Paul

I copied the design of the windows with the struts on a lemans top I got from
mr Bruce. Lexan, aluminum Channel and the wind wing hinges reversed
works great And looks real trick, the db replica top really looks good on these cars