View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default It Requires the Cone of Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
Where did you find this? ... I went on the ERA site and did not find it? Also, the engineer told be the weight of thier climbing gear oil is 80w-90.

thanks...Dave
Ratcheting of the rear used to have its own section in the super-secret part of the site reserved for owners only and lubrication details were outlined there. The last time I accidentally posted a direct link to that area Bob P. came by my house and threw rocks at my windows (broke two of them, in fact). But, as luck would have it, that info is also included in the "free version" of the ERA manual that is available to all. Click here: Download instructions for the manuals and web site and then click on the Free Assembly Manual for the 427 to download it (it's in PDF format). Then go to page 150 and you'll find it there, along with the capacities and suggested lubricants for transmissions as well (like the Toploader). I don't know what the true viscosities of any of the recommended stuff is, but I wouldn't second guess the manual since Jag based rears have been used exclusively in ERA cars for the last thirty years or so.