View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF GT40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I think Jay had/has an observation that many of us have about the GT40. They're not waterproof tight product, rearward vision is limited, they're hot inside even with the A/C on and they feel claustrophobic to some, like me. This isn't new news.
Even though I love my SPF GT40 I have to agree with you. Some people don't like the limitations you noted. I try to avoid rain and have not enjoyed driving it in rain. The A/C is just adequate and the rear vision is limited, but having a Lotus Europa for a long time it suited me. The cockpit is spacious compared to a Europa, but some just don't like the low feel. It definitely costs more than a Cobra, but you're getting a more exclusive car with expensive components like the transaxle. I think it outhandles a Cobra on track, but it's not as nimble as my Lotus. It attracts a lot of attention everywhere you go. So much so you get annoyed with idiots hanging out of their vehicles with cellphone cameras aimed at you. Is it superior to a Cobra? Different strokes for different folks!

Last edited by SwiftDB4; 01-24-2012 at 08:10 PM..