View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Default Weber IDA Shaft Bearing upgrade.

I had the day off today and just wanted a wind down day to tinker in the garage. I have been wanting to do this for quite a while. I bought some double shielded ball bearings sometime ago from a Weber source in Italy. The suggestion was given to me by the staff at Pierce Manifolds. As they explained, IDA's on V8application have high vacuum and under deceleration will eventually begin to pull air through the Bearings on the ends of the shafts and throw the A/F ratio off and cause irregular idle and all kinds of gremlins. I got two of the carbs completed and discovered the auxillary venturies in one of the carbs were a little loose, which explains a transition problem I have been experiencing lately. Relaxing day with some gentle rain falling while I attacked an upgrade I have been putting off. Good day.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way