View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane View Post
Thanks Mike, know what you mean, just rebuilt my Roadglide after a cam bearing failure, hardly saw the road last year, determined to make more of car/bike this year, just ordered a 1" Tilton Master for the changeover to tremec TKO 600, not looking forward to the job but will be worth it, the Broader C6 I have behind it just now is great, manual valve body etc, its like a 600+ hp go kart!! but always wanted a stick just couldnt run to the funds earlier in the build. Dave ps gas is around $9.50 a gallon now here in uk so the smiles per mile need to be good
I have a Tremec TKO in my car as well,and not a fan of the hydraulic throwout bearing.Went with a Ford Truck clutch cable to operate clutch,which at the time was told would not work.Well it has worked great maybe because my car has belly exhaust not sure what they meant at the time.Rowing through the gears in these hot rods is a real thrill these Tremecs have a grunt 1st gear and with OD the best of all worlds.You can also get the linkage to have the shifter in the stock location.Good Luck