View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post
David
How about a 70's Duraspark distributor off a 302? You should be able to get a rebuilt one at NAPA for about $75. They are bulletproof, and cheap.
I'm seriously thinking about going to one of these on my FE before I have MSD issues. Plus it has vacuum advance, and I'm convinced that it would improve my street car's drivability and fuel mileage. Why not do the same thing on a small block? MSD sells a harness that lets you plug it right in to one of their spark boxes.
Doug
Doug: very good suggestion,I will definetly look into that,I prefer a distributor without a vacum advance,that's just me, I guess I could modify one with the vacum advance to run without it......

Quote:
Pop the cap loose when you park it in the garage or trailer. Any acumulated moisture in the cap will not settle on the internals when it cools down (dew point).
Rick: I did drill some holes in the MSD cap as per some MSD instructions to help eliminate the moisture and it did help some, but did not eliminate all the problems....I'm just tired of the problems with the "STATE OF THE ART" MSD distributors......The factory Ford units never had all these problems...

David