View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Pinquino,
I have been out of town for a few days enjoying the 115 degree heat in St Louis. It looks to me like you are using a coil over shock now, and your still using your coil springs. When I put the coil over shocks on my car I removed the coil springs. They were on a perch sitting on the lower control arm not the axle. Anyway the coil over shocks have an adjustable ring that screws up or down to raise and lower the car via spring compression. I'm not sure how yours are built but perhaps you could raise the bottom spring perch on your shocks to get a little more lift.
I purchased through Classic Roadsters, just before they went out of business, the coil over kit, but it came from Pro Shock. Figure out your ideal ride height (bolt to bolt) for the shocks and contact their tech department for a recomendation and buy them direct. Im sure you could do the same for the QA-1's also. I wasn't comfortable with the single shear attachment (remember I don't have coil springs to support the car) so I modified that in my lastest project to strengthen the assembly. Let me know if you need more info, happy to help.

John