View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE-O View Post
Did you have any issues with the alternator hitting the inner wheel fiberglass when trying to tighten it? On mine, the alternator hits or it seems like the fins are about to.

I assume other cars have the same issue and yours was built about the same time as mine.
Any need to remove the other alternator bracket bolts or does removing the adjustment bolt allow you to get the belt on and off?

Thanks!
Steve,

I've got a Roush 402 with a Powermaster alternator and the fans have slightly grazed the firewall over time.

I tried a number of different belts, but the only belt that I've found to work is the 15386 GoodYear. It's still a game of millimeters and it's hard as hell to get the belt on. Too large, and the alternator hits the firewall. Too small and you can't get the belt on and get the adjustment bolt back in.

Last time I put the belt on, I loosened all of the bolts, except for the bolt that goes through the water pump. Just loosen the one on top a little (leave it threaded).

A nice mod would be for Superformance to create a bump out where the alternators sits.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it