View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I'm pretty sure rgnbull1277's concern isn't that it has a fiberglass body - but rather how to keep the interior half-way dry since all upper surfaces seem to slope back to the cockpit. I have a couple older collector cars and I very seldom wash one by soaking it down. Usually I run a California duster over it or blow it off with compressed air, then I take the hose and spray it up it the air to let a heavy mist fall over the entire car. It would probably be a good idea to spray it first with some of the dry-wash spray products advertised that say they will help loosen any dirt - or just detailer spray I also mist the sides and front/rear. This is enough to get the body wet but not so much that it runs into the interior, all the jambs and underhood. I take a damp towel and towel down the car - not to dry it, but to work the misted water around and pick up most of the remaining film on the car. Then with a second, clean, dry towel I spray the car with detailer spray and dry it. I'm still building my Cobra rep. but I think I will cut a piece of blue styrofoam insulation board a little bigger than the cockpit opening so that I can slip it up behind the windshield and cover the interior from the spray. My 2 cents.

Last edited by DanEC; 09-23-2012 at 04:44 AM..