View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You might think about replacing the one on the other side, too. Seriously, if it were me, I'd pull the good one out and send it, along with the broken one, to D-Cel and have him tell me why the broken one sheared and have him test the good one for it's strength. There's a bunch of CSX owners out there that would thank you for that information.
I plan on replacing both with upgraded parts. I have a call in to Michigan Driveline and also came across Summers Brothers (Summers Brothers - Manufacturer Of High Performance Axles For All Of Your Racing Needs!), which seem decent too (any of you CA folks know them?). EDIT: I thought the Summers Brothers 35 spline axle with a 5 yr warranty against breakage from drag racing was interesting. Interesting suggestion with having D-Cel test the one that broke. I might just do that.

Just as an FYI - if I had broken a half-shaft instead, can these be replaced by disconnecting them at the joints and not removing the hub? Not that I'm planning on doing that or anything.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)