View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 460 usability?

Hello Everyone.

I am doing a bit of research before I start my kit (it'll be a year or two down the road). The current kit I am looking at is an FFR IV, and I have a few questions regarding using a 460 block.

Currently I am looking at doing a 460cc (maybe stroked out to say a 482) engine. Nothing to wild, hydraulic cam, run on 91 octane (Phoenix, AZ). While trying to get as close to 600 hp if possible (If the engine were to be over 600 hp, I'm sure I could find someone to twist my arm).

What I'm wondering is what will this engine run like? Daily driver possible? From what I understand this wont be a problem.

Gas mileage? Reason for asking is that I will be wanting to do some driving around the state and maybe even cross country. So if I go to L.A. from phx az, for the weekend will I need to hit up the gas station 20 times or maybe 6 times?

Heat issues? Living in phx az, it can get pretty hot here. Will there be issues with driving the car around night time when its still 110 out? or even better yet, during the day time sitting at lights?

The fit? 460 block is pretty big. I was wondering how the fit is for a FFR kit? Will I need to take the engine out to change the spark plugs? Or take off an engine mount and tilt the engine so I can remove the starter (yea don't laugh, had to do that once...)?

Thanks for all your input.

Warm Regards,
Dave