View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Paul is right on this. I can say so from personal experience of VWW wheels. I am happy to send you the correct front/back space settings for the Harrison. You should not then need high spring rates for a Harrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
I can feel the excitement from here Ryder, great to see another Harrison on the way.

Assuming you've purchased the Vintage Wheel Works wheels recently advertised here, if they're NQR it won't be spacers you need - the opposite. They're too wide and you don't want to machine them down - apparently not safe.

On my car the body is aligned OK at the rear but off centre about 15mm at the front, plus those wheels with -1 deg camber are still too wide, even if the body was centred properly. I'm using the opportunity to flare the guards and correct a few issues with the front guards, may even reshape the mudguards at the rear.

You should be able to dial up enough height at the front with coilovers and 400lb springs - enough to be able to drive it with those wheels anyway.

Keep the updates coming!

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.