View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 427
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Tool Kit - redux

Opening a new thread about the tool kits that were originally supplied with the Cobras.

What we know:
Hammer: Thor #2 with copper and rawhide faces. Readily available new.

Jack: Shelley LJ22 rarely on e-bay and expensive. Exact same jack, the Shelley 12DL (earlier version which my have been supplied on early cars) often come up on e-bay and are reasonably priced. Handles ae rarely seen on e-bay but I think I've found a source(pending).

Screwdriver: Very rare but I think I'e found one and will share all info once I get it and confirm it's the right one.

Pliers: Shelley or look alike King Dick seem to be often available on e-bay.

Grease gun: Teclamite GB 2800 often available on e-bay and I've posted a link to the definitive "grease gun website" before.

Now the harder stuff:
Spanners: What sizes? What make? In previous pics posted you can make out "Chrome Vanadium" on one side of the wrench but can't see manufacturer's name or sizes.

Brake bleeder tool: seems to be a short piece (of the appropriately sized) box wrench welded to a piece of bar stock (handle). A crude drawing attached from the AC Owners Forum.

Tool roll or bag: Would have to be custom made to match the pics previously posted.

Cheers
Greg

Last edited by my427cobra; 12-03-2012 at 11:13 AM..