View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - Blue W/ Silver Stripe
Not Ranked     

Ryan
First welcome to the madness; if you live in the Chicago area you should really join our little group. The holiday party is fast approaching and you would certainly be more than welcome.
As for where to register. These rules seem to be constantly changing or at least are subject to re-interpretation. I believe it is still true that in Illinois if it is titled as a 2004 you will be subjected to State testing for pollution etc. That is you would have to pass the emissions test based on whatever the standard for a 2004 automobile might be.
Suffice to say that is not good. My FFR is titled as a new 1965 model. Realize I took ownership of the kit in Illinois and had a certificate of origin that said it was a 1965 etc.
I do know there is a process to get these cars titled as the year they 'most closely resemble' ie a 1965. I know a number of the club members have gone throughout the process. Maybe one of them will chime in and tell about how to do it and how difficult it might have been.
Again welcome to the madness I look forward to meeting you at one of our events. First, the most important question of all....... What color is your car?