View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

A car is the sum of its parts, and csx figures into that. When I was younger and was building my Bennett car I wanted to make it as (authentic) as possible. Real Smith gauges, the right steering wheel, seats with the right suspension, side pipes with the correct turns where they attach to main pipe, not prefab collector, the roll bar showing behind the seat, English handles, latches, windshield , lights , I have to thank Ron Butler for those finishing pieces and so forth. I laugh now because you open the hood and yes there is a real MR side oiler in there with the correct top loader but there is no main frame rails just small tubing, the engine is set way back and the push rod suspension shows. In back you can see the sheet metal 9" ford Independent rear end. I guess I just got confused. The Bennett car is what it is and CSX cars are what they are. You have to decide what floats your boat and do your best to fulfill your dream. Everyone s dream is different, do what moves you and have fun. If you want Shelbys deal you will have to deal with Shelby American and The dealer network along with the price.