View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Wow, Just Wow.... o_O

The following was penned by a journalist after driving a Cobra, if you cant live with what is written, best start looking elsewhere.
"There is nothing nice about a Cobra. It is stripped down to the essentials- a big engine, a small car, and four wide tires to keep the whole business on pavement. Its loud, smells like gasoline, and shakes, shudders, and bucks. It makes your arms tired and your feet hot. You nearly crash about once every 10 minutes. Its so damn wonderful that you cant believe it" Automobile Magazine 2004

Ok, that being said, and if your ok with looking at other cars, I have a partial completed DRB 540 that the owner is keen to shift (cannot complete due to family health issues), he is keen to see it shifted and so far has approx $40k in the car.
It is auto, has ABS and Traction control, larger Brembo brakes, stainless brake pipes and stainless flex brake hoses.
The A/C kit has not been bought for it yet, but all donor parts for A/C are there.
Thanks to Bens tip on using Google to search, here is a link to the thread where I was assembling the car. DRB 540 build
DRB also do a roof option as well as wind up windows.

But I think you need to have a good hard look at what your expectations are compared to what is feasable within the real world (and more importantly your proposed budget)

Good luck in your search, let me know if you want more info on this kit in my shed.

Since you dont require a Penis extension, Maybe look at an MX5?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 02-10-2013 at 07:11 PM..