View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Dan, you're scaring me a bit. My 427 ERA arrives in April (hopefully) painted and with the body bonded. I plan to do this project with my kids and am planning on it taking about a year. Is that completely unreasonable?
I built mine from scratch - bonding, body work, painting myself - thus the long build. Getting a painted roller from ERA - I don't have a good basis to answer from but I would guess 6 to 18 months. It depends on how much assembly you had ERA perform, the amount of time you have to work on it, the speed with which you get the motor/trans set up and installed, any last minute glitches. For instance, I've killed most of the last 30 days resolving some electrical issues and a leaking heater shut off valve. I don't what it is lately - but Fed Ex and UPS deliveries have been slower than I could ever have imagined. 1-1/2 weeks to deliver a shut off valve from ERA - who could have figured. The heater switch took even longer in shipping. From CT to Arkansas appears to be like shipping to a foreign country. It's not ERA's fault - they deal with requests and ship fast. It's the shippers.

But, you should be in the ball park.