View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Simple advice, continue to save your money until you can afford the Cobra you really want. Figure $45,000-$50,000 for a more realistic budget.

Bill S.
While Mr. Mustang is 100% correct. And keep in mind that this comment comes from someone that is just a little bit a head of you in the process. I have not bought my kit yet, but I've chosen what I will be buying (almost...).

First and foremost continue to read and ask questions! Plenty of questions! Find out whats out there. Then get out that spread sheet program and start putting in some numbers and options. (I've been more of a visual guy myself, so I've even included some pic's with items. Helps me justify spending X amount ).

Take a ride in a couple different ones. Find someone that's got a nice 302. Then find someone that's pushed the envelope just a bit more. Say a 351w thats been stroked out to a 408. Then if you can get your butt in a 460 that's been cranked up to 482... So lets just say the more input you get the better your decision is going to be.

Once you get to the point of "Ok this is what I want. And it will cost me..." Then you'll be able go from there.

Again to Quote Bill S. "Simple advice, continue to save your money until you can afford the Cobra you really want."

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by Quintum; 02-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: spelling issues...