View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 100% Gas

If possible, find a station that sells 100% gas. One website that has a list of such stations is pure-gas.org (there are other similar sites). I did a quick check on pure-gas and didn't see one identified in Richmond, but you may find one close enough, even if it means buying a couple of five gallon cans and taking another vehicle if it's a trip you don't want to make in the Cobra.

There are more and more stations popping up here in southeastern Alabama that are selling 100% gas. Most have been kind of out of the way in more rural areas and a good bit pricier, however the latest one was right in town (albeit a small town) and priced at only 1.7% more than regular ethanol gas...and I don't have to tell you that you will see > 1.7% mpg improvement when using the real stuff. During my last couple of visits, this is all anyone was buying.

The only downside where a Cobra is concerned is that the 100% gas is usually only available in 87 octane (although some do offer greater). However, I would rather put in 100% gas and have to add an octane booster than put in ethanol contaminated gas and have to put in something to try to counteract its detrimental effects.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different rumble. Let him step to the sidepipes which he hears, however measured or far away. - H.D. Thoreau...if he had owned a Cobra