View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
Has anyone tried this or similar product? Does it do any good?
I am running an AED HO Modified carb on Roush 427R. It's a great combo
that runs very strong. However, I have to pull the carb and have it rebuilt every 2 years or so to clean the gunk out. Back butterfies start sticking, idle becomes rich, random surging and burping at cruising speed. Has anyone found anything which will counteract the havoc ethanol fuel reeks on carbs?
Yes, I have been using it regularly for the last three or so years with apparent success. For several years, my Holley would clog up around the second fill-up after pulling her out of her five month sleep over the winter. I've posted about clogged air bleeds and ethanol on here numerous times and, after the first time at least, you could almost feel it coming -- and it comes quick, and with debilitating results. About three years ago I started using the Lucas additive and I haven't clogged once. Now that could just be a coincidence; I don't know. I did have a nice little fuel leak, from a dripping fitting, last year and what was dramatic was the puddle of "goo" that it left. It was just like the syrup that you put on your waffles. Here's a pic. This is what is gooing up your carb.:

Last edited by patrickt; 11-07-2016 at 12:33 PM..