View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     

I'm in the process of installing my QT on my CSX so I'm going through the same issue. Unless you change the position of the clutch fork, you are going to have interference. Looking at the QT as you would a clock (12 o'clock high, 6 o'clock low), the fork comes out on the QT at 7:30-8:00 o'clock compared to the position on the Lakewood being at 9 o'clock. If you were installing a Lakewood, it would not be a problem but you will have one with the QT unless you modify the bell housing.

Last night I installed my clutch/pressure plate and mounted my fork to see how close it was to the frame rail. As you can see by the pic, it will only work if the fork is indexed around the 9 o'clock position. Keep in mind the engine is sitting a little lower than normal; I'm thinking the engine will raise up about an inch after the housing and trans are mounted.

To give you an idea of what needs to be done to the bell housing, the guy who built the Ironman Cobra (Chris) modified his QT to fit a Kirkham set-up. Regardless if you use Forte's set-up or anything else, the QT will have to be modified.

This link to the Ironman Cobra will give you more info to give you a better idea of what you're about to tackle.
Iron Man Movie Kirkham Build Thread without posts
Attached Images