View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default New JBL Cobra Daytona Coupe Street Version Build

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag so here are my plans and why I chose to go with a JBL Coupe rather than any of the other options:

I have followed the build of Mat Twiehaus' Coupe and I have been very impressed with the skill, forethought and mastery of his craft that Larry Goins is putting into Mats Competition Coupe. Litterally no stone has been left unturned in the design and production of the JBL Coupe. A key member of the JBL Motorsports team is Richard Hudgins who is soaked in knowledge (first hand I might add) of aerodynamics and suspension dynamics. Mr. Hudgins spent a good portion of his lengthy career as a design engineer with the Porsche Racing Group.

I have made several visits to the JBL shop and seen the progress and carefull consideration of the placement of various components of the chassis or the fiberglass body. Larry's skill as a master builder and painter and Richards engineering skills and programming software has brought a new dynamic to the art of Kit Car building.

Over the weekend I hope to prepare my plan of attack on my new JBL Daytona Coupe build documentation.I hope my photographs and instructions will help many of our new members realize they can build their own kit car too. Since I work a full time job and most of my efforts will be either after work, weekends, or some vacation days I may take along the way, this build should give a fairly accurate time line for those truely wanting to know how long it could take. Wifes always ask those questions.

I hope to have some initial pictures of the chassis posted next week and then we will build on that. But until then I can tell you a deposit has been made, parts ordered and received and the build is about to begin.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 05-17-2013 at 08:25 AM..