View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default For CSX 2000 and 3000 Series Cobra Owners Eyes Only

Ok this is one of two questions that I've wanted to ask for some years now. I use to be a member of SAAC over 25 yeaars ago and it was during that time I would ask this question. Now with more replicas on the market and being out in Cali driving a real S/C model it does get a bit bothersome.

Guys with original Cobras(either 289 or 427) how many times do you get asked is it a real Cobra, a kit or replica by guys that have no or little clue...and does that bother you?

I usually like to take a ride through the Malibu canyons and usually get asked when in the beach areas when stopped for lunch or going home. Without taking time I just say it's the real deal and keep it moving, unless someone really wants to be educated and I take the time to do so. I really love this car because of several reasons.

1) It belches, really has no idle and scares small children and dogs. lol

2) I love annoying my former neighbors by the beach by driving by at three in the morning rattling windows.

Ok I'm being sarcastic but it's true. When I had my house on Malibu Beach (1980's) there seemed to be parties going on everywhere. Maybe people complained about me because I had professional musicians throw parties with professional equipment. Well anyway I built a 12 acre compound on the beach in Malibu several years ago and solved that problem. But I still like cruising my old area. lol

Does it annoy you guys being asked if it real or replica?

I own many cars and another one I get asked about is my McLaren F1. Some are clueless and think it's a kit. As Leno says you get it or you don't. Love the seating since I can drive this one with my twin girls.

The one that I have been driving lately is my TVR Tuscan because you can hear that from around the corner and not many know what it is.

Ok I'll post my other question another day. Sorry for the title "eyes only", I'm former USN & NRO, old habts die slowly.

Last edited by OnyxRider; 06-19-2013 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: spelling of course