View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
I would be interested to hear what kind of concessions and how much of a difference between the touring chassis and comp chassis, considering performance, design, etc.
There are some differences in the dynamics and therein differences in feel.

The Touring chassis is not as stiff in torsion and therefore not as responsive to anti-roll bar adjustments. That is why I designed the f/r centrally mounted single blade adjustable system. (as optionally fitted)

Also this reduced stiffness is forward of the foot-box bulkhead and therefore the chassis required more camber change in the front suspension to counter the flex.

The roll centers were raised slightly relative to the CG compared to the comp chassis to reduce the load roll moment.

In essence the touring chassis will feel much more like a normal road going sports car than the comp car as the loads will build slower and the damping rates are subsequently lower as well.

It will not "Snap" or "point" when it changes directions like your comp chassis does. Rather it will turn and roll gently.

But the geometries should produce about the same lateral acceleration as the comp chassis on road tyres.

On slicks there will be a large difference indeed.

But who puts slicks on a touring car?

Richard Hudgins