View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh after doing an outside search found this thread from club cobra. Have no idea why it would not come up when doing an internal search.

Pawn Stars - History Channel

This seems to be the best post to sum everything up since several members posted some parts were filmed in SA.

Posted by PANAVIA

OK, so i finally got time to watch this on the DVR. -- That episode is soooooo wronggggg I cant even believe it.

Pawn Stars Cobra = SHAM.

Observations:

1. When the car is first brought in by the tow truck driver, you can see down the nose of the beast and see the *X* member first cross brace and the rack and pinion, with yellow zinc bolts holding the suspension pieces on and the patina of construction is NEW.

--So it is a Shelby style frame , and the aluminum body is of reasonable construction, albeit new.

2. When they visit the "Nevada-Classic-Cars" guy the first time to authenticate the car,-- they are actually standing in the cobra production area in shelby LV. (where is Gary Patterson >? _ ) and why wouldn't they mention they are *at* Shelby >?

3. When you compare the old vs new car shots, they are *two* different cars. The trunk lid is different, the tops of the doors were drilled for a soft top in the first car , where they are not in the car they delivered.

Bottom Line; -- I think they swapped out a 4000/6000 series fiberglass roller for the chassis they brought in, and *that* is what they take delivery of in the episode.

This would explain the BS about the seats and when they show him the car before they put the motor in , which by that time it is clearly at another shop -- it also has a non-drilled carpeted tunnel in it. --which explains the vinyl BS story as base cobra roller seats from HST are vinyl.

Anyway -- it takes months to finish a car properly , -even if you had someone working on it full time.

I think we were the viewers on a bait and switch.

* I hope the Pawn Shop guys know they were hoodwinked , they can get awful upset on that sort of thing. *

Steve

PS: UPDATE so the "CSX number" shown on that frame was headed the opposite way from my CSX.

IE: in order to read my CSX number on the shock "upright" you would need to be sitting in the engine bay as opposed to leaning over the fender.
the car shown in the episode the CSX number was upside down.

Last edited by OnyxRider; 08-25-2013 at 06:38 PM..