View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking Newbie wanting to buy a Cobra

Hi All,

Firstly let me apologise if I get anything wrong here, as I am completely new to the Cobra Family.

Actually new is not the right word, I have not been born yet.

I have been looking for some time to purchase a Cobra, but I know it is simply not just about the exterior look.

I have found it'd difficult to find a definitive place to visit that tells me what I should be looking for in a car and what the tricks in buying are.

I have also tried searching for tips on valuations, what makes a Cobra worth 50k and what makes it worth 100k ( removing originals from this equation )

So I have narrowed down my search to a couple of cars ( by the way I'm located in Queensland so I am trying to look locally to avoid travel and the extra hassle. )

But seriously other than looking for damage that is apparent, and a nice clean tidy engine bay, well put together interior engine oil leaks etc etc . The typical things for anything motorized I don't have any further clues.

The other day for example I looked at two cars side by side at an event, and found out afterwards one was up for 125k and the other was 60k. I really could not tell the difference. Both exteriors where great, the interiors different but botH looked great.

I hope this in some way goes towards telling you my problem, any assistance would really be appreciated.