View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
I have had a TKO 500 and 2 TKO 600 .82s in my 427R SPF. My experience is that a shifter will not fix a TKO. I am using a Pro5 with a Jordan arm and I think it is as good as it's going to get...which isn't great. The 2/3 shift at 6000+ rpm is not reliable in my car. I have just bought a new, modified 600 from these folks: WELCOME TO LIBERTYS HIGH PERFORMANCE. The car is in Dennis Olthoff's shop for some major work and will have the new transmission installed when I get it back in about a month. I will post my impressions after I have put a few miles on it. I am guardedly hopeful.

My prediction is that you are going to be very happy with the Liberty version of your TKO 600. If you did the upgrade and removed the old pieces, compared them to the Liberty replacements and how they worked / were timed, you would have no doubt in your mind about where the problem lies.

This is a Tremec issue yet again and right on par with their third gear mainshaft / countershaft misalignment that precipitates the premature third gear failures. Good shifters can mask the 2 - 3 shifting problem somewhat but they can not correct the bad internal design of the shifter rails. Liberty's upgrade does!

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.