View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     
Default what suspension

hi all
my name is dean and I built a ac cobra almost to completion 13 yrs ago it was one of paul wooleys kits with the jag front and rear i got it up to a roller stage with motor box tailshaft fitted and windscreen doors all hanging panels done . it needed paint /trim and electrical I was that close to finishing it when I ended up in a messy divorce and was forced to sell it at a loss .
anyway life goes on and I remarried to a car nut and im getting the urge to settle some unfinished business ie get myself into a cobra and find myself in a dilemma ..not sure I want to go thru the whole build one from scratch thing again . maybe a unfinished kit if one come along at the right price .

anyway enough of my background when I was building mine jag front and rears seemed the way to go with torrana running gear was seemed to be seen as second best . I have only driven jag suspension ones so I cant comment on torrana ones .
so my questions are do the torrana ones handle as nice as they jag . do they steer and stop as nice as the jags as the jags brakes are far better than stock torrana ones by far .

is there any stigma in owning a torrana kitted car and I mean no disrespect to owners of these cars at all .
resale value there are some really nice drb kits for sale around the 50 g mark atm not so many jag ones at that price . I know when your driving down the road the public could not and prob doesn't care whats under the body but as a owner are one better than the other in ride ?

I don't wish to start a torrana vs the rest war just honest facts so I know what way to spend my money atm budget is 50g now that will get me into a car on the road as there are a few for sale around the mark and then theres plenty 60 g and above .a unfinished kit depending on how far along might be the way to go .im not after a track car or 500 hp just want a nice unit for my wife and myself to enjoy on nice days for drives thru the Adelaide hills ect . but if one handles a lot better than the other I would lean towards that way ok im starting to ramble and think out loud so over to you guys
thanks in advance for any advice good or bad I will take it all onboard .

cheers dean

Last edited by deano59; 09-18-2013 at 08:05 PM..