View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

I crawled under the dash to take pics...got a few of the fuse box and as good a photo of the headlight switch as I can get with all the wires in the way. I'm trying to bring this new Photobucket program to it's knees now...wish I could just get the photos uploaded like I use to.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum, though, guys.

Has anyone ever seen a headlight switch with a built in fuse?

As I moved the wires around to get a better view of the headlight switch, I saw what looks like a glass-bodied fuse hanging on the block that is the headlight switch...the kind that looks like a tube with a wire filament inside. Well, I can't see the wire filament, but I can see what looks like a milky colored residue on the "bottom" of the fuse...could easily be melted filament.

The headlight switch also has 4 electrical connections.

Could it be that the headlight switch has a built in relay with a built in fuse?

I'll keep trying to get the photos posted...but Photobucket can put this new program where the sun don't shine!!!!

Cheers!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!