CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom, BF XR8 260kw, 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog246 View Post
Back to topic.
I can see both sides of the argument-well I think I can
I'm not hard on brakes, gearboxes or clutches for that matter. If you had the pleasure of having my dad teach you to drive none of you would either. He was an aeronautical engineer & always said you can treat your machinery as hard as you like as long as you are gentle with it
In other words use it to its design capabilities but don't abuse it. Learning to drive with a crash g/box and no brakes to speak of you HAD to learn to be smooth.
In an era where brakes were average at best you learnt to use the g/box to slow you down as well as pulse braking and the 'ol heel & toe shuffle', so the ABS question whilst not rhetorical really has been asked as I got the ABS control unit etc when I bought my engine & g/box. I was lucky enough to get a whole bunch of extra stuff as well thrown in.
Can anyone tell me if the FORD traction control is built into the engine control ecu.
I made a presumption that the traction control system used the ABS via the ecu to make it work. Is this correct or am I barking up the wrong tree as usual?
Yes the Ford traction control is not so much built in to the ECU, but works as a part of the overall system. The engine and ABS communicate, telling each other what's happening. It's tunable to an extent in the ECU with a program like HPtuner