View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat racing View Post
Why dont you learn some facts, before you post up this dribble.
One always have to grin to see a post that begins like this and then proceeds to state a whole lot of made up "facts".

You want facts? OK.

Right now, the base wage, before any allowances, shift loadings, etc etc stands in the range $60,000 to $80,000. This according to Holden's Enterprise Agreement. And there are many loadings on top of this, such as the very recent "hardship payment" of $3750 which was given to each worker.

The equivalent award wage is in the $37,000 to $42,000 range. So off the bat Holden are paying twice the award. And by the time you do add in all the allowances, the extra leave, etc etc, it is more like three times the award.

And you must consider of course, GM (or any company for that matter) does not have to manufacture in this country. They can go anywhere. So why should they stay here? Or even say manufacture in the USA where they would face similar problems?

Oh yes, that is because the American AUW, wanting to keep the manufacturing in its country, agreed to cut their wages by half. Look it up. 6 years ago they took a positive step to keep the industry going. What did we do here?

All they are arguing about now is the size of the redundancy payments. Way to go lads.

But you were right on some points. Most of the subsidies did go on wages. We agree there. But it did not cover the whole wage bill, mostly went to correct for the amount of overpayment.

And what kind of business case is that? It only works if the government agrees to pay the excess wages, over award, mandated by the unions? It was OK when the unions own party was in power, but now it isn't.

So yes, I am happy to know some facts. I hope you learnt some too.

And I ain't your son.