View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Run to the Coast (Seaside Trip) 7-11-14

This year we are going to make another trip down to Seaside Or. I have spoke to a few people and it appears most are already getting booked up for the summer. That being said, I am only planning on making this years trip a one night trip. If somebody has interest in making it a 2 night then please sing out and take the lead on planning the second night of the trip. So until somebody takes the lead on the second night the plan is the following:

-Friday (7-11-14) Meet at the I-5 SR512 Park and Ride at 08:30 AM.
-Meet and BS for a few!
-Hit the road 0900 AM
-Montesano Wa. Pitstop- Fuel and potty break!
-Dismal Nitch potty break
-Arrive Seaside Oregon around 12:30 (165 Miles)
-The rest of the afternoon and evening will be free form. I will try to make reservations for a group dinner if anyone is interested in that. I would just need to know how many are interested.
-1 hour before sunset work your way to the promenade for some Sunset Cobra pics!
-Sat (7-12-14) Breakfast on your own.
- 0930 AM, I will be leading those that are headed back to the Tacoma area. Route is not finalized yet.

I have called and reserved a block of 15 rooms at the Shilo Inn (B#503-738-9571). The rates are the same as they were in the past and are discounted. Ocean view room is $229 and non view rooms are $129. The rooms are being held until May 15th, after then they will be released and you are on your own. When you make your reservations please tell them that you are with NW Club Cobra for the group rate. Book early for the best room options. Block will start on 4-1-14.

Bruce, if you could please post this on the FFR site and if you still have any contacts with the Oregon crew let me know. This is a fun trip and we are looking forward to seeing everyone! Please post or PM me if you are planning on going so I can keep track of the numbers.

Thanks, Jake