View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Rick, I started out with a stock BJ-7 and there is nary a stock Healey component left other than three different Healey model bodies melded together. I went through the steps of using stock components but with every HP upgrade I had to replace with stronger and stronger components until it just reached the point that it was easier to start with a custom chrome moly frame, design my own suspension and brakes and go from there at which point I could use any body I wanted so I did what I wanted there as well. I want the front end of a 3000 because I converted the non functional hood scoop into a functional cold air box. I wanted the lay down windshield and rear shroud of the 100-4 but couldn't use the 100-4 door as they were 3" too short so I cut down 3000 roadster doors to fit the 100-4 cowl and rear shroud. The mechanicals were easy as well since everything was custom and I could do what I wanted including dry-sumping the engine which you just about have to do to get it to turn to 9 grand. I was a former experimental aerospace engine so designing and fabricating it all was easy. Full ground effects car subtly done so as not to make a caricature of the Healy lines. What looks like a chin scoop is actually a front down force wing and the car is a tunnel car because I didn't want to use a rear wind or spoiler. If you lie down and look under the rear of the car you can see the tunnels. BTW, I'm originally from Malden.