View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk3.1 / 347
Not Ranked     
Default My fake is faker than your fake!

Okay, all my fellow imposters, we've gnawed at the carcass of that age old question quite a bit lately, now for some fun. Let's see who has the fakiest fakeydoo around!

Here's my pile of old used Mustang junk - it's really a sham... I mean shame... that such a nice old Ford had to give up some critical parts for something as patently counterfiet as this. It's an ersatz-cobra (note the lower case... as in lower class) Factory Five Mk3 with a 347 all dressed up (yet more imitation) as a faux big block. And the car isn't the only thing that's forged... so are all the engine internals.

No, it's not "real," or a Shelby, or an original, or "correct," but it sure is mine - made with my own hands on evenings and weekends as I plow through the process of acquiring new tools and the skills to use them. There's not much on this car (beyond the basic kit from FFR) that I haven't done myself and it extracted a fair share of blood and sweat over the past four years - no tears, though, as I've really enjoyed the process. We just painted it recently (after I spent almost all of last year teaching myself bodywork), so it'll be done soon. I can't wait to take it out and let the world see what a wanker I am for foisting this pathetic facsimile on all those unsuspecting folks who actually think it's a cool car.

So, let's see your not-so-subtle attempts at passing off some collection of automotive parts as something they're not - and determine who has the fakest of the fakes.