Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Mk3.1 / 347
Not Ranked     
Default My fake is faker than your fake!

Okay, all my fellow imposters, we've gnawed at the carcass of that age old question quite a bit lately, now for some fun. Let's see who has the fakiest fakeydoo around!

Here's my pile of old used Mustang junk - it's really a sham... I mean shame... that such a nice old Ford had to give up some critical parts for something as patently counterfiet as this. It's an ersatz-cobra (note the lower case... as in lower class) Factory Five Mk3 with a 347 all dressed up (yet more imitation) as a faux big block. And the car isn't the only thing that's forged... so are all the engine internals.

No, it's not "real," or a Shelby, or an original, or "correct," but it sure is mine - made with my own hands on evenings and weekends as I plow through the process of acquiring new tools and the skills to use them. There's not much on this car (beyond the basic kit from FFR) that I haven't done myself and it extracted a fair share of blood and sweat over the past four years - no tears, though, as I've really enjoyed the process. We just painted it recently (after I spent almost all of last year teaching myself bodywork), so it'll be done soon. I can't wait to take it out and let the world see what a wanker I am for foisting this pathetic facsimile on all those unsuspecting folks who actually think it's a cool car.

So, let's see your not-so-subtle attempts at passing off some collection of automotive parts as something they're not - and determine who has the fakest of the fakes.

ERA 626, Dimis, Ralphy and 5 others like this.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

You should be ashamed of not using proper colors. Your color may be very unique and beautiful, one I've never seen. However I would contact the SAAC for direction in how to solve your not worthiness!

Ralphy
Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     
Default My fake is faker than your fake.

very nice!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
You should be ashamed of not using proper colors. Your color may be very unique and beautiful, one I've never seen. However I would contact the SAAC for direction in how to solve your not worthiness!

Ralphy
Nope, if you opt for blue with a white stripe you immediately lose "high order fake-o" status. Now, if you stick with beige, well that's a different matter....
Old 04-17-2014, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 744/428/TKO 600
Not Ranked     

The airbrushed pop tart on the rear quarter was not available on the original car either. A sure give away that it's a FAKE...
xlr8tr likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Looks like you have built yourself a nice COBRA there...
Fire her up and enjoy!

Kudos to you
Old 04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fixed it for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Nope, if you opt for blue with a white stripe you immediately lose "high order fake-o" status. Now, if you stick with beige gelcoat, well that's a different matter....
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, no, no... we must recognize the pure rubbish that we've created. Post your crap, not positive comments.

Afterall, look at this height of cheesy-ness...

Fake rivets and pseudo side curtain ferrule supports - on a fiberglass door; absolutely gauche:

And this... Smiths decals on a Vintage Air heater motor - bollocks:

Not to be outdone by Farm & Fleet battery - with glued-on filler caps - in the incorrect location and framed by a square tubing chassis crossbrace:

Surely you all have similar pictures of annoying little touches that only prove that your car is nothing but an illusion - a feeble attempt to evoke the feeling of a 50 year old car.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Is that a Cobra?
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Beauty -
Old 04-17-2014, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL=http://s845.photobucket.com/user/CCRsAC/media/IMG_20140401_083100251_HDR_zps5114a89a.jpg.html
[/url]
That body is far to straight and the paint far to smooth and free of orange peel to ever fool anyone into thinking it's an original. If you had just shot the original wavy fiberglass surface with PPG lacquer and buffed it orange peel, bugs and all - it might have fooled someone.

Good post - and nice looking car.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My fake webers
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I'm sending this one to the SAAC's forensic department.

That is a reflection and not a strip?

Ralphy
Old 04-17-2014, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 1774 / 392 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

That color is awesome!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRsAC View Post
Okay, all my fellow imposters, we've gnawed at the carcass of that age old question quite a bit lately, now for some fun. Let's see who has the fakiest fakeydoo around!

Here's my pile of old used Mustang junk - it's really a sham... I mean shame... that such a nice old Ford had to give up some critical parts for something as patently counterfiet as this. It's an ersatz-cobra (note the lower case... as in lower class) Factory Five Mk3 with a 347 all dressed up (yet more imitation) as a faux big block. And the car isn't the only thing that's forged... so are all the engine internals.

No, it's not "real," or a Shelby, or an original, or "correct," but it sure is mine - made with my own hands on evenings and weekends as I plow through the process of acquiring new tools and the skills to use them. There's not much on this car (beyond the basic kit from FFR) that I haven't done myself and it extracted a fair share of blood and sweat over the past four years - no tears, though, as I've really enjoyed the process. We just painted it recently (after I spent almost all of last year teaching myself bodywork), so it'll be done soon. I can't wait to take it out and let the world see what a wanker I am for foisting this pathetic facsimile on all those unsuspecting folks who actually think it's a cool car.

So, let's see your not-so-subtle attempts at passing off some collection of automotive parts as something they're not - and determine who has the fakest of the fakes.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 395 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Heavy sigh, I was gonna tell you what a pile of crap that fake thing really is . . . but I can't do it. That's a helluva nice Cobra.
BigGuy, Ralphy and ront49 like this.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik View Post
My fake webers
Now that's exactly the tripe we're looking for here... after all, everyone knows that none of the original were ever delivered with those ridiculous Italian carburetors.
GrumpyBadger likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
That body is far to straight and the paint far to smooth and free of orange peel to ever fool anyone into thinking it's an original. If you had just shot the original wavy fiberglass surface with PPG lacquer and buffed it orange peel, bugs and all - it might have fooled someone.

Good post - and nice looking car.
Yeah - we've really ruined it now, 'cause those pics were taken the morning after the clear was shot on it... hadn't even been sanded yet. We totally ruined the entire illusion by sanding and buffing it smooth - just another sign of a rank amateur trying to make something into something it's not.
GrumpyBadger likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The most incredible fake POS I think I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. You're a man whose gift for attention to detail may land you job offers from the best currency counterfeiters in the world, well done!

The paint is beautiful, as different computers render colors slightly differently, what I'm seeing looks like a gun metal/green mix - is that in the ballpark?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
I'm sending this one to the SAAC's forensic department.

That is a reflection and not a strip?

Ralphy
Ralphy - Nooooooo, please don't report me to those guys! I don't want the Cobra-Cops showing up and citing me for impersonating a sports car.

Correct - that's not stripe, just a reflection of the booth wall/ceiling. Here's a better shot of the ruined paint that will never be confused with something as nice as was on the originals or a "real one."

ERA 626 and Ralphy like this.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
The most incredible fake POS I think I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. You're a man whose gift for attention to detail may land you job offers from the best currency counterfeiters in the world, well done!

The paint is beautiful, as different computers render colors slightly differently, what I'm seeing looks like a gun metal/green mix - is that in the ballpark?
Thanks, man - just having fun. The color is '66 Ford Ivy Green in PPG Envirobase (water borne color).
Ralphy likes this.