View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     
Default importing a cobra ?

I have a friend who imports cars from the states all the time as in containers on the water or at customs all the time . he mainly brings in old cars from the 50's old Cadillac's and things with big fins ect ect .

that got me thinking what would my chances be of getting one from the states and converting to rhd what would be the procedure to getting it on the road here if at all it could . ?

I see some very nice cars over there for reasonable money and what he quoted me to bring it into the country did not scare me at all im just wondering if the logistics of it is worth it . I see there is about 25 to 30 cobas advertised at any one time aust wide .
some are just over the top in price some of the cheaper ones seem ok then there are some nice middle ground cars that seem to be priced pretty much on the ball.
im just waiting for some land to sell and then I will be buying a cobra . just where from is the question, so if any one has been thru this process and has any advice good or bad im happy to take it all on board.

cheers dean.